When Nicolas Enrique was still in my belly I thoroughly researched the photographer that would capture him in all his glory at only 7 days old. I also needed the photo-shoot to be at home because my c-section pain did not allow me to move freely. Photographers advise capturing your newborn baby 1-2 weeks after they are born so I was in a complicated predicament because I wanted stdio quality photography but I wanted it in my home.
Well, here’s when Jessica from Joyful Sound Photography came to the rescue and she met all the requests I had and to top it all off her images were gorgeous, angelic and colorful. I didn’t know Jessica was pregnant and about to have her baby too! I was one of her last clients before having her baby and when he was born she named him Nicolás too. How sweet right?
A BIG perk of shooting with Jessica during the shoot you’ll see below? She has a closet full of gorgeous gowns for all you moms out there so you feel beautiful without having to worry what you’re going to wear!
Why You Should Hire a Professional Photographer
My career as a photographer almost spans 20 and I know that investing in a professional photographer is a must! This is what I thought even before social media and the rat race to post the cutest photo on your profile picture or Instagram. Sure you can have your friend or husband shoot your photo for free but what you are paying for when you hire a professional is for what that person sees through the lens, you are not paying for what camera they have.
Nowadays it’s easier to find a photographer in your area thanks to social media and recommendations from fellow moms in Facebook groups. I’ve also found it’s easier to find someone within your budget. There has never been a time where I have invested in a photographer and regretted it! I always go back and keep seeing the photos, sharing them with my family in Honduras and printing them to decorate my home.
Here are my top reasons to hire a pro right now:
- A professional photographer will know how to pose you. This is so important because they will capture your best angle and take many variations so you can choose your favorite poses.
- A professional photographer will capture images you’ll be able to gift. Every year I make it a point to get family photos and especially photos of our son because then I can gift photo books, mugs or mouse pads to the grandparents. Trust me: best grandparent ‘s gift ever!
- A professional photographer will suggest wardrobe choices for a harmonious family photo. I always ask a photographer what to wear so our photos looks harmonious and chic. If you book with a photographer like Joyful Sound photography you are in luck, she has a whole wardrobe of women’s dresses and toddler outfits to wear during your shoot.
- A professional photographer will know at what time of day to shoot outside. If your shoot is outside there are hours of the day where the sunlight is going to make your photos look better or worse and a pro knows the difference.
- A professional photographer will know how to handle kids and make them laugh. Moms of toddlers, you know how hard it is to handle a little boy and let alone make him laugh. Every family photographer I have ever shot with has either toys, candy or a clever way to make your kids smile.
- A professional photographer will offer in-studio photography. If you don’t want to shoot outside a professional photographer will not hesitate to book a studio for you or provide time in their own. These photos are taken in Joyful Sound Photography’s studio space and as you can see, the photos came out stunning!
I feel so fortunate to have found Jessica from Joyful Sound Photography when I was looking for a newborn photographer because she did such an amazing job on those photographs and years later we are still shooting holiday photos together.
Nikki and Nicolás