Anytime someone asks me what they can do for fun in Houston I hope you have time to listen because I have lots of ideas! As a blogger I’ve been lucky to enough to have been invited to everything from dance to cocktail-making classes.
I’ve listed some of my favorite experiences in Houston below along with their website or Instagram links. These are wonderful alternatives to a girls happy hour and most can be fun as a birthday or bachelorette party idea.
1. Take a calligraphy/brush-lettering class with Mint and Maple. (Sign up for their newsletter to get notified when a Houston class pops up)
2. Attend a hands-on floral, styling or cocktail-making workshop at The Creative Chateau.
3. Pretend to be a DIY expert and paint a hashtag-worthy welcome rug at The Rustic Brush.
4. Take a contemporary embroidery class and monogram your own make-up bag with Hoops and Expectations.
5. Make mouth-watering chocolates at the best chocolate boutique in town at Cacao and Cardamom. (sign up for their newsletter to be the first to know when classes pop-up)
6. Learn how to do your own make-up and take care of your skin with a clean beauty experience at Switch2Pure in River Oaks District.
7. Attend a concert, magic show, comedy act at the Smart Financial Centre. This spot has become the hub for Latin concerts like Sin Bandera, Camila, J Balvin, Maluma, and Marco Antonio Solis to name a few.
8. Wow everyone of your friends with your hip movements by taking a class at Dance with Me in the Galleria.
9. Bake Instagrammable cookie-creations with Sweets by Syd.
10. Dress up and camera-ready and make an appointment at The Montrose Studios where a wonderland of backdrops awaits you. Bring your friends and shoot each other’s photos or you can also book it with a photographer for a higher price tag if you want professional pics!