Anytime someone asks me what they can do for fun in Houston I hope you have time to listen because I have lots of ideas! As a blogger I’ve been lucky to enough to have been invited to everything from dance to cocktail-making classes.
I’ve listed some of my favorite experiences in Houston below along with their website or Instagram links. These are wonderful alternatives to a girls happy hour and most can be fun as a birthday or bachelorette party idea.
1. Attend a hands-on floral, styling or cocktail-making workshop at The Creative Chateau.
3. Make mouth-watering chocolates at the best chocolate boutique in town at Cacao and Cardamom. (sign up for their newsletter to be the first to know when classes pop-up)
4. Learn how to do your own make-up and take care of your skin with a clean beauty experience at Switch2Pure in River Oaks District.
5. Attend a concert, magic show, comedy act at the Smart Financial Centre. This spot has become the hub for Latin concerts like Sin Bandera, Camila, J Balvin, Maluma, and Marco Antonio Solis to name a few.
6. Wow everyone of your friends with your hip movements by taking a class at Dance with Me in the Galleria.
7. Bake Instagrammable cookies with Sweets by Syd on February 5, 2022.
8. Dress up and camera-ready and make an appointment at The Montrose Studios where a wonderland of backdrops awaits you. Bring your friends and shoot each other’s photos or you can also book it with a photographer for a higher price tag if you want professional pics!
9. Grab lunch at The Grove, the restaurant with ceiling to floor windows overlooking the lush Discovery Green Park. Afterwards, head to their rollerskating rink and burn off those fish tacos and drinks you just had!
10. BRUNCH at Sweet Paris Creperie or The Tasting Room is always a good idea!
Well, there you have it! 10 super fun ideas of things you can do with your girlfriends that don’t involve happy hour!
I promise you’ll be leaving feeling more crafty and happy!