For all of you out there that think I’m always happy and cheerful like the clothes I wear, that is very far from the truth. There are moments where the general stresses of life get to me and my poor husband takes the toll. However, I always I try to focus on the positive side of things or on how to turn the negative into a learning experience. In return, my life stays bright and positive and I use those experiences as fuel to make myself better. Lately, my level of stress has been through the roof! I have been wanting to be the perfect friend, wife, employee, blogger, boss lady, but I couldn’t because I was spreading myself thin.
Soon: Mano Santa will have these colorful clutches available in Houston. Stay tuned to my Instagram for their launch!
I took a leap of faith and decided that in order to shine the brightest I had to give myself the chance to dedicate myself 100% to the blog. And it is with that that I confess to being a full-time blogger/content creator/story teller, whatever you want to call it. Even though it might not be shocking for all of you to hear that because maybe you think that I have always just been blogging, I’ve always actually loved having a job, coworkers, a boss, and being out of my house for meetings and to-do lists. But now, I’ll be content creating from my home office, attending more blogging conferences and shooting more outfits and beauty posts.
By the way, let me say that in no way am I trying to tell you to quit your job or that quitting your job will make you happy. I’ve literally been keeping this to myself-except a few of you here and there… I didn’t know how to spill the beans and tell you about how I did this because a part of me is scared. I believe in myself and what I do and I love every minute of it. After putting many years of effort into my work (and I’m talking about my previous career in Honduras as well) , I need to give more of my time to it. It wouldn’t be fair to myself to not give my dream a chance.
Let me expand on all the wonderful reasons why this might just be the best moment in my life to make this decision:
- Ever since I started my blog I had never given it my 100% time and focus. But as the blog grew and I started monetizing, it became harder to accept paid/sponsored opportunities when I still had a full-time job.
- If I didn’t take this leap of faith now, I would never know if my blog/website had a chance of succeeding on a higher level. I’m stoked for my first time on TV talking beauty—–eeekk!
- I have discovered that I love to speak in front of people and motivate people to go for what they want so public speaking is definitely in my plans when expanding the “Lipstick and Brunch” brand.
- I feel that my life has been telling me that this is what I’m meant to do because I have always worked in women’s magazines, photography and beauty related jobs so my blog is the culmination of all those things I’ve learned and I have to keep nurturing it.
- This is the one thing I have done in my life where I feel I have excelled and even when I have crazy blog deadline or tons of events, I’m still very happy.
- FYI, I’ll still be freelancing for other companies but the blog will be main focus!
- And last but not least, after feeling all the support surrounding me, it gave me the confidence to do what I love 100%. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to look at you and say “You Got This.”
“If you do something you love, you’ll never have to work a day in your life!”
*I’ll post an update 6 months from now and let you know how my leap of faith turned out!*
PS: My bright photo-shoot was my first one after making my decision. Thank you Terry Halsey Photo and Dream Team for the best photo-shoot and DriveShop for my week with the Mazda CX-5!