One of the places I most love in my house is my living room. I love siting there while the fireplace is burning and cuddling with one of my beauty coffee table books (and the hubby)! These beauty coffee table books make great gifts to any make-up obsessed chica like me and you’ll never have to worry that you’re giving someone a fragrance or lipstick they wouldn’t wear. Coffee table books with tutorials and inspirational beauty looks were the thing and the only way to copy a beauty look before YouTube and beauty vlogger. Who would have thought I’d be making my own beauty videos!? I still love to collect these books and admire the photography, beauty flat lays and impeccable beauty shots in every glossy page. For me, they are the finishing decorative touch to your coffee table especially if you’re gifting it to someone who loves beauty and cosmetics. Check out the ones I chose and wrap one up this Christmas for one to your beauty-loving besties.
SHOP THE POST:
1) Love, Lashes and Lipstick is written by Mally Roncal of Mally Beauty (available at Ulta) and it teaches you how having a wonderful spirit and passion for what you love can turn you into one of the most talented and loved make-up artists around! Her secrets to a gorgeous, happy life will make you want you had discovered this book a long time ago. You’ll love the girly beauty illustrations and make-up tricks inside too. I promise you’ll be a Mallynista when you’re done with this book!
2) Lauren Conrad Beauty is the poster-girl for the picture-perfect California girl lifestyle. She’s all about effortless beauty looks and eternal milkmaid braids. Learn some of her beauty tricks and sigh in awe every time you flip a page.
3) Making Faces- This was the first beauty book I ever got. I still remember I trading in my lunch money for the month to own this book. This book is full of dramatic make-up looks and celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss (who were also close friends of the author). Make-up artist Kevyn Aucoin was the make-up artist and photographer for his own book, he also had a special appearance on Sex and the City and created a full make-up line available at Nordstrom. He sadly passed away years ago.
4) Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful This woman is one of my make-up idols ever since I was a little girl! I actually dreamed of owning her products when I lived in Honduras and I finally bought my first item 3 years ago and I keep going back for more. She believes that natural beauty requires make-up (we all know this is a reality! LOL) and in this book she compiles make-up techniques along with beauty stories that will inspire confidence.
5) Cupcakes and Cashmere at Home One of my all time favorite and successful bloggers, Emily Schuman, shows us her home and her beauty counter full of enviable fragrances and cosmetics. She’s been an ambassador for Estee Lauder Cosmetics, recently designed her own high-end clothing brand and this is the second book she has published among many other accomplishments. Check out her first book too!
SHOP THE POST: